The Pittsburgh AAC Language Seminar Series provides the help you need to support language development with children and adults using Minspeak systems.
- The seminars are held monthly at our offices in Pittsburgh.
- Each event is held for 2 1/2 days (Tuesday – Thursday).
- Registration is FREE, but limited to 25 people.
- The seminar, meals and lodging are provided free of charge! A partial travel reimbursement is provided.
- Each PALSS event regularly includes presentations of Bruce Baker’s work as well as presentations by Debbie Witkowski, Russell Cross and Tracy Kovach.
- Each PALSS event features a nationally recognized guest presenter.
- Due to COVID-19 gathering and travel guidelines that vary state to state, these upcoming seminars will be presented virtually as online webinars and will not take place as in-person gatherings. No travel will be required.
- We ask that registrants commit to participating in the complete 3 day webinar.
- Please continue to check here for updates. We hope to be back to hosting seminars in Pittsburgh soon!
Maureen Casey, MA, BA (Hons), ACE (Incl), DSE (Re), DE (JP)
Daniel Dardiz, MA, CCC-SLP and Darlette Navrotski, MA, CCC-SLP
Sustainable AAC Intervention and Supports for Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Gail Van Tatenhove, PA, MS, CCC-SLP
AAC Language and Narrative Development through Storybook Reading and Practical Considerations for Children with ASD
Tracy Kovach, PhD, CCC-SLP and Amy Frisbie, MA, CCC-SLP
Meher Banajee, PhD, CCC-SLP
Lodging, as able, is provided in conveniently located SCS guesthouses in private and shared rooms, with kitchen access. Amenities, such as hair dryers or irons, are limited. Guests may also be staying at a local hotel. Meals and snacks provided are vegetarian-friendly.